That’s right folks, one of the most entertaining mountain bikers of the past decade, Darren Berrecloth, is going to be heading down under this June for the Melrose Fat Tyre Festival in South Australia. Haven’t heard of it? Check out our event preview on the 2013 Melrose MTB festival HERE.
In the meantime, here is the word on the impending arrival of ‘The Claw’ from Over The Edge Sports Melrose:
“The Slopestyle legend Darren “Bear Claw” Berrecloth has recently confirmed he will be attending the 2013 Melrose Fat Tyre Festival from June 7 – 10 2013. Darren recently starred in the movie “where the trail ends” and is widely known for his exploits in the Slopestyle scene. The Crankwerx Whistler champion is dropping into Melrose on his way to the Munich X games on June 27 – 30 and is truly “stoked to come and hang out at our event”. Darren has an incredibly busy schedule during the northern summer and this year is no exception so we are really lucky and super excited that he has chosen to come to the Flinders Ranges. The Claw will be running some skills sessions, participating in the Super D enduro and having some fun at the Bicycle Speedway challenge.” – Richard Bruce, OTE Sports Melrose.
Just a handful of Darrens achievements over the years:
• 2 times Monster Park Champion
• Crankwerx Whistler Champion
• Nissan Qashqai tour Champion
• Adidas Slopestyle Champion 3 years running
• Voted “Rider of the Year” 2 years running at the Bike Magazine Awards
• Voted “Rider of the Year” 2 years running by Freerider Germany Magazine
• Voted “Best segment of the year” at the Bike Magazine Awards
• 3rd place at the Red Bull Rampage twice
• 2nd place at the Chatel Mountain Style twice
• 3rd place at the inaugural Slopestyle World Tour
• Nominated for “Alternative Sports person of the year” at the Laureus Sports Awards in Portugal
• Voted “One of 25 coolest People now” by Outside Magazine
• Movies: Where the Trail Ends, Seasons, Roam, The Collective, Masters of Movement, New World Disorder.